These are my try at a toe-up version of the fitted-arch socks in Meg Swansen’s Knitting.
Above are side, bottom and top views of the result. (Be sure to click on the pic to get the biggy version.) I made these anklets because
my hands were too sore to knit with size US#1 needles any more I got bored knitting ribbed cables I think they look great that way.
- Socks That Rock in colorway Carbon
- two 24″ US#1 Inox Gray circular needles
- foot: stockinette stitch
- heel: Eye Of Partridge stitch
- cuff: ribbles (i.e. ribbed cables)
- technique: shaped arches
- I should have started the shaping back further from the toe. That would have kept the toe from being poochy underneath.
- This toe looks too pointy. I should try a toe that has the shaping closer to the sides.
- This colorway looks amazing in Eye Of Partridge
- For some reason the arch shaping kept the socks from pooling.
- Fitter arches feel great and I need to try this again.
- Band heels do not appear to fit my feet well.